The General Stream offered by the The University of Hong Kong covers a broad, comprehensive range of Computer Science subjects, including a wide range of courses which students can choose from.
The Cyber Security Stream is a multidisciplinary area of study and professional activity concerned with state-of-the-art technology in cyber security. The curriculum covers different aspects of cyber security from different perspectives, including technical, organisational, human-oriented and legal.
The Financial Computing Stream is the study of data and algorithms used in finance and the mathematics of computer programs that realise financial models or systems. Financial Computing emphasises practical numerical methods and focuses on techniques that are directly applicable to business and financial analysis. The emphasis will be in the computing aspect of the financial industry.
The Multimedia Computing Stream focuses on multimedia computing, communications, analytics, visualisation and applications. Students will gain theoretical and practical skills that will enable them to develop innovative and creative multimedia computing technologies.
Students are required to successfully complete 72 credits to graduate. The mode of study may comprise 48 credits of courses plus a dissertation (equivalent to 24 credits) or 60 credits of courses plus a project (equivalent to 12 credits).
More informationVisit official programme website
Mode of Attendance
- Full Time (minimum one year, maximum two years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and weekends)
- Part Time (minimum two years, maximum three years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and weekends)
- Lectures of a few courses may be given during daytime of weekdays to suit mainly full time students. There are two semesters and one summer semester in an academic year.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 9 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Comply with the General Regulations; and
- Hold a Bachelor's degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.