The Faculty of Education (the Faculty) was established in The University of Hong Kong in 1984, having previously been a department in the Faculty of Arts and then a School of Education. However, the University has been involved in teacher education since 1917, and to this day it remains a major provider of teacher education in Hong Kong.
The Faculty is forward-looking. It has assumed an important role in educational research and professional training in the region and internationally, and has contributed significantly to education policy and development in Hong Kong. It is a major teacher-education institution and has strong expertise in policy analysis and curriculum development. It became the first institution in Hong Kong to train speech therapists and audiologists for the local community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The specialist courses are normally drawn from one of the following areas: Chinese Language Education; Chinese Language and Literature; Comparative and Global Studies in Education and Development; Content and Language Integrated Learning; Curriculum and Pedagogy; Education and Society in China; Educational Administration and Management; Educational Statistics and Measurement;
- English Language Education; Gifted Education and Talent Development; Higher Education; Psychological Studies in Education; Science Education; STEM Education; Teaching Chinese as a Second Language; Teaching Chinese Language and Literature in International Education; Teaching of Science in an International Context; Youth Studies; and the Generalist Educational Studies Strand.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 12 other Masters in Education in Hong Kong (SAR)
- comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- hold a Bachelor's degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, if required.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.