About Mechanical Engineering offered at University of Limerick
The programme has been tailored to meet the needs of the mechanical engineering sector, which requires graduates with high-level skills in design, analysis and testing. In addition, the course fulfils the requirements of Engineers Ireland for a Master’s degree in an engineering discipline as the minimum educational standard for Chartered Engineer status. Graduates of the programme are highly sought-after by major Irish and multinational companies across a wide range of sectors –automotive, aerospace, biomedical, manufacturing, energy, construction, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- To meet industrial need for graduates with the above qualities at a Master's level.
- To increase awareness of the opportunities offered by current research in Mechanical Engineering and its application to current practice.
- To fulfil the Engineers Ireland requirements for a Master's degree in an engineering discipline as a minimum educational standard for Chartered Engineer status.
- To enhance graduates' existing educational base and employment prospects.
Prospective careers for University of Limerick graduates are very broad including the energy, biomedical, aerospace, manufacturing, construction and chemical industries.
Prospective careers for graduates are very broad including the energy, biomedical, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, construction and pharmaceutical/chemical industries.
- Advanced Technical Communication for Engineers
- Project Planning & Control
- Finite Element Analysis
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Aerospace Metallic Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
International16900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6700 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.