The Master by Research programme in Chemical Engineering at Mid Sweden University is the right choice for students who wish to specialize in applied chemistry and aim for a career within research, development and innovation. During the programme, you work together with researchers on a research problem in one of Mid Sweden University’s largest research environments. You mix your research with the academic studies you need to solve the problem.
As a student, you are part of a research team at the research centre FSCN that develops new sustainable cellulosic materials and processes. Together with researchers, you take part in a research project and work both independently and together with others.
After the programmeAfter having completed your Master’s thesis, there are good opportunities to work with research within academy or trade and industry, or in product development with new technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Writing and Presentation Techniques
- Problem formulation and Thesis Planning
- Development of Theory and Experiment
- Thesis Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 9 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English course 6/English course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School (Gymnasium) or the equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Engineering (at least 180 credits/180 ECTS) in relevant subject, for example Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Chemistry, Physical Engineering or the equivalent.
- Eligibility for available research project is assessed on the basis of the applicant’s bachelor’s degree project/thesis, a letter of motivation, and, where appropriate, through other documented experience relevant to the subject.
International11608 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11608 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NON-EU/EEA: 125 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.