The Advanced Nuclear Waste Management programme at IMT Atlantique - Graduate Engineering School forms engineers exposed to a highly complex scientific environment where technical expertise is omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management. The program provides:
- The scientific knowledge necessary for nuclear waste management and the capability to understand how to assess long-term safety and environment impacts.
- The competencies to master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of nuclear waste.
- The appropriate solutions according to the type of waste through project work in industry.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies to master dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- Societal considerations in the management of nuclear waste with regard to the public acceptance.
- Project engineer related to nuclear energy, decommissioning, nuclear waste processing, conditioning, safe storage.
- Manager of nuclear waste in industrial, hospitals or research institutions.
- Research scientist and development engineer.
- Safety engineer for radioactive waste management solutions.
- Regulators for governmental control of waste management practices.
- Engineer of international agencies involved in nuclear waste issues
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Nuclear modeling
- Neutron physics
- Nuclear: Management, Safety and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Early application makes it easier to solve financial aids and visa issues before the course starts.
DisciplinesPhysics Management, Organisation & Leadership Energy & Power Engineering View 52 other Masters in Physics in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To candidate in M1 : First year of master
- The international Master is open to candidates with at least a scientific Bachelor of Science degree
- The international Master is open to candidates with at least 4 years at university Bachelor or First year of master
- With scientific disciplines such as Nuclear, Chemical and Civil Engineering, Energy, Environmental, Physics, Chemistry.
- A work experience is not mandatory but is a “plus” for the selection
- No prerequisite in French
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.