They will acquire advanced training in the methods of analysis and study of both public policies and the institutions which lead the decision making process.
Specifically, the Politics and Policy Analysis at Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi:
- Gives students a complete preparation in the two major areas of Political Science (Comparative Politics and International Relations), integrated with knowledge of the role of laws and of the evolution of population dynamics in political contexts
- Gives a complete preparation with advanced quantitative skills in both theoretical and empirical methods, which will be applied to evaluating public policies, the public sector, the policy decision making process and political dynamics
- Develops competencies promoting soft skills such as teamwork, the ability to present and discuss effectively, the capacity to think critically and to understand major political and policy-making issues
- Develops skills through interdisciplinary teaching activities organized into workshops, which foster the understanding of political and social problems from different perspectives. Teaching methods support interaction between faculty and students and among students.
There is an enormous and growing need worldwide of graduates with extensive knowledge and a complete international perspective in the context of policy-making. Our graduates have access to both the national and the international markets. They are expected to develop decision-making careers in international organizations, diplomatic services and the private sector.
As Politics experts, our graduates will analyze and evaluate political issues related to the global socio-economic and political scenario, and they will contribute to the design and implementation of innovative political strategies.
As Policy Analysis experts, our graduates will define, evaluate and implement policies of public intervention in the economy in different socio-economic-political contexts. Graduates will work in political organizations, international organizations, think tanks and lobbies, NGOs and non-profit organizations, public administration, embassies, large companies and consultancy firms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods for Policy Analysis
- Comparative Politics
- Functioning of Public Sector
- Public Economics
- Legal Aspects of Policy Making
- International Relations
- Results of the GMAT (or GRE) test: The aptitude test scores provide a fair and objective way to compare applications.Bocconi requires only the total score (verbal and quantitative sections) of the GMAT or GRE.No particular scores are required to participate to the selections.
- Grade point average of exams passed in the Undergraduate programThe undergraduate GPA and transcripts are an indication of the applicant's previous academic performance. No particular scores are required to participate to the selections.
- Evaluation of the applicant's Curriculum vitae / Resumée and Personal statement
International14073 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14073 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA14073 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14073 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.