The programme offers both theoretical and practical skills across a wide selection of topics in the field of education, ranging e.g from early childhood education to learning in old age. During the Master’s Degree Programme in Educational Sciences at University of Jyväskylä , students will gain a broad understanding of the field of education, including awareness of international issues in education. Students will also gain insights into the Finnish education system.
Students will acquire scientific expertise in the field of education and will be able to work with theories and analyse and develop educational practices. Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to specialize in the areas of education that they find the most relevant and interesting. Research-based teaching facilitates students’ development as competent and critical members of today’s digitalised information and knowledge society.
The programme prepares students to work as experts in a variety of educational settings, for example, as educational planners, consultants, coordinators, teachers, teacher educators or researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Skills: Orientation, Communication and Language Studies
- Advanced Studies in Education
- Specialisation Studies and Internship
- Educational Leadership
- Early Childhood Studies
- Special Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 14 other Masters in Education in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English tests are not required for this programme.
- Higher education degree (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree), which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued.
- The higher education institution awarding the degree has to be a recognized as part of the official national education system of the country, i.e. to be listed as a degree-granting higher education institution by the country where it is located or by a relevant international organization (such as UNESCO).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.