In the Management programme from Birkbeck, University of London , you may choose subject-specific modules from within the area of business and management, and other social science disciplines, in keeping with your individual research interests.
An MRes Management differs from the typical MBA in that it covers fewer subjects but in more depth. You will learn more than just the current management fashions and buzzwords: you will also learn about the evidence upon which management theories are based.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- The programme is taught by a team with international reputations in their respective areas.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, including local and national government, business and industry. Possible professions include chartered management accountant, management consultant, or risk manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a systems analyst, retail manager, or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Organization
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Research Philosophy
- Statistical Methods for Business Research
- MRes Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management Master in Management (MIM) View 31 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.