Hone your textile design skills
During the Textile Design programme of the Norwich University of the Arts you’ll be encouraged to push your imagination and stretch the boundaries of the discipline through creative use of materials, processes and concepts.
Course tutors and workshop technicians teaching on this postgraduate course are also practitioners, with extensive and diverse experience in areas including digital textile production, CAD for repeat design, laser cutting, illustration, dye and weave. The breadth and depth of their knowledge will benefit you as you experiment and develop your practice through exhibitions and national competitions.
Debate current issues and hear from industry experts
Tutorials and practice-based projects are designed to encourage debate and reflection on the environmental, ethical and social impact of textile design.
Guest speakers from industry will support your professional development and give you greater understanding of the range of pathways for practising designers in a rapidly evolving sector.
Graduates work in a broad range of careers including:
- Textile Designer
- Textile for Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Print Design
- Product Design
- Materials Production
- Further/Higher Education
- PhD Study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research into practice: This unit enables you to gain an understanding of practice-based research methods and the opportunity to engage in critical research around your practice.
- Award Specific Units 1 & 2: Each course features two discrete units where subject specialist issues are explored, promoting the acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
- Self-negotiated unit: This unit provides an opportunity to design and conduct an independent project within a given time scale. This unit will help prepare you for the Masters project.
- Masters project: You will undertake a major independent project specific to your course and chosen specialism. The Masters degree culminates in a public exhibition of work in the final September of study.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 111 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
- Entrants should normally have achieved a BA (Hons) / BSc Degree of 2:1 or above (or its equivalent), in a subject related to your proposed course of study.
- Applicants who hold a Degree from another discipline may also be considered for entry, subject to the submission of a satisfactory portfolio of art, design or media-related work in support of their application.
- The offer of entry onto a Masters Degree (MA) is based on an expectation that you have the potential to fulfil the aims of the course of study and achieve the standard required to successfully complete the award.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.