A majority of states now require a 60-credit degree for licensing and this degree program makes this prospect readily available to our students.
The Professional Mental Health Counseling program from Lewis and Clark College prepares students to become mental health counselors who work in a variety of settings such as community mental health clinics, schools, hospitals, the corrections system, community colleges, colleges and universities, residential treatment centers, and private practice.
Courses emphasize grounding in human development, multiple theoretical perspectives, and empirically-informed practices. Classes offer opportunities to apply knowledge to realistic client problems and counseling situations. Classroom interaction with peers and faculty contributes to developing professional skills, the ability to accept feedback, learn from supervision, and develop an expanding network of peers.
The variety of personal, cultural and educational backgrounds and views of our students enhance classroom discussions and enrich your educational experience. Faculty members use diverse instructional approaches and are committed to continuing reflective practice to increase our effectiveness in preparing professional counselors.
- Counseling and Social Justice
- Theory and Philosophy of Counseling
- Research Methods in Counseling
- Advanced Research Methods
- Life Span Development
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Practical Skills for Counselors
- Diagnosis of Mental and Emotional Disorders
- Counseling and Interventions with Adults
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1318 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- An undergraduate major in psychology, plus a course in sociology, cultural anthropology, women’s studies, or ethnic studies.
- An undergraduate major in sociology, anthropology, women’s or gender studies, or other interdisciplinary social science, plus an introductory psychology course.
- Complete the following MOOC course and present the midterm and final exams to a faculty advisor after admission into the program
International17571 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1025 USD per credit during 42 months.
National17571 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1025 USD per credit during 42 months.
Living costs for Oregon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.