We offer a master degree in Art Education at the Adelphi University. Expert faculty provide highly personalized coursework with unique hybrid scheduling, enabling students to take courses online while completing in person fieldwork in New York K-12 classrooms. Gain the hands-on artistic teaching experience and career planning support you need to become a skilled art educator.
We are well prepared to help you explore the role of art in education through meaningful fieldwork placements and student teaching environments no matter where you live in the State of New York. Special student teaching abroad placements are also available.
- Our blend of online learning and onsite classroom experience offers a convenient educational option to become a creative art teacher and become eligible for New York State teaching certification.
- Well-connected, deeply dedicated faculty members with extensive experience and attentiveness to the unique aspects of the roles art plays in education across the lifespan.
- Receive fieldwork and student teaching support no matter where you live in New York and benefit from a curriculum geared to teaching certification.
- A personalized experience with a wide range of electives to meet your career goals and strong advisement to support you each step of the way—with coursework, fieldwork placements and certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The online MA in Art Education curriculum is characterized by:
- Hands-on artistic exploration and technology-rich media arts resources to build your creative teaching voice
- Comprehensive fieldwork placement and student teaching support
- Personalized advisement and career planning
- A wide range of unique electives to suit your career goals
- Coursework geared to prepare you for New York State Visual Arts Pre-K–12 teaching certification
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 1018 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed application
- Official transcripts for all schools attended. See below for more information.
- Personal statement/essay addressing why you wish to pursue graduate study in art education at this time.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic references. Please note that letters from friends and family will not be accepted.
- Artistic portfolio of 15-20 images demonstrating competence in one area of specialization, as well as breadth of studio experience in other media.
- A personal interview via phone/video or on campus is recommended to familiarize applicants with program requirements, and to gauge applicants’ aptitude for online study in art education.
- GRE or MAT score, sent directly from the testing company, using the Adelphi University code 2003 for the GRE and 1417 for the MAT.
- $50 application fee
International1375 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1375 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1375 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1375 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.