The Master's research programme in Linguistics and Communication Sciences focuses on how language and communication works. This programme takes a multidisciplinary approach to finding insights in the field, including language variation and language diversity, language technology, sign language, intercultural communication, persuasive communication, optimal communication, multimodal messages and social media.
This programme is closely connected with the Centre for Language Studies, the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, the Baby Research Centre, and the Donders Institute. As a student you will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside experts in the field.
You’ll participate in group-oriented education and be part of a select group of highly motivated national and international students. You will also have great opportunities to build your network within Radboud's own extensive international network.
What will you learn?
Gain a theoretical background in the foundations of language and communication and be able to describe and apply general knowledge on the historical roots and modern developments within the fields of Linguistics and Communication Studies
Choose from a variety of topics within linguistics to further deepen your knowledge in your area of interest
- Get valuable research experience, understanding approaches and techniques, and learn to design, conduct and present your research and prepare yourself for a research career
Graduates from this programme are well suited to pursue an academic career. They can also find research positions in a variety of public and private institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Language and Communication
- Statistics and Experimental Methods
- Term Paper
- Specialisation courses
- Research Orientation
- Grant Proposal Writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but we may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Language Studies Linguistics View 40 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed Bachelor's degree from a Research University in Linguistics, in Communication Studies, in a modern language or a related area.
- Your average grade during the second and third years of your BA studies has to have been at least a 7.5 and your Bachelor’s thesis must have received a grade of at least 8.0. (Grades in the Netherlands are out of 10.
- Strong motivation: You should be able to demonstrate your motivation for and affinity with scientific research. A selection committee will evaluate the motivation of each applicant separately.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9124 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1071 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.