The Library and Information Science program at University of the Philippines Diliman graduates learn to manage information sources and services in academic, public, research and special libraries, knowledge centers, as well as archives and records offices.
The program creates leaders in the profession who promote a sense of humanity and justice through critical and transformative practice, and embody the principles of honor and excellence towards nation-building as UP scholars.
- The MLIS program offers a venue for intellectual and professional conversations on research-focused approaches and evidence-based practices, towards the advancement of professionals in information sciences.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- MLIS with thesis: 36 units
- MLIS with special project: 37 units
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The basic requirement for admission is a Bachelor's degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution in the Philippines, or an equivalent foreign qualification, with a general weighted average of at least 2.10 in the UP Scale.
- English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
- If your native language is nor English you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of English proficiency.
International612 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National612 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34 EUR per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Quezon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.