Climate change is the most significant challenge to achieving sustainable development globally, threatening current patterns of growth and poverty reduction whilst creating global injustice and vulnerability. Yet we are well placed with the knowledge and solutions to simultaneously tackle the crisis, meet the Sustainable Development Goals and improve the lives of people all over the world.
Why study Climate Change and Development (Online) programme at SOAS University of London ?
- This online degree is designed to meet the needs of people working on, or hoping to work on, climate change and development issues, including in businesses, government, international agencies and NGOs.
- The online format enables students to study for a MSc degree alongside work, caring or other commitments. Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma options are available for those unable to meet the commitments of the full MSc.
- The degree brings together a cohort of students from around the world into online discussions, led by specialist seminar tutors and convened by international experts.
- The modules draw from a wide range of disciplinary perspectives, concepts and methods including economics, environmental science, human geography, social development, political economy and environmental law.
This programme is designed to assist both existing professionals working within the sustainable development sphere, and people seeking to move into climate change and development fields. For existing professionals, the programme provides the opportunity to upgrade and update their expertise, and to reflect systematically and in depth on their accumulated experience in the light of up-to-date theory and literature.
Graduates of Climate Change and Development go on to apply their learning in the private and public sectors, international organisations, NGO's, consultancies and development involved in:
- policy analysis and implementation
- project design and management
- corporate and government climate change strategies
- social enterprise development
- corporate social responsibility
- technical assistance and capacity development
- academic and applied research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate change and development
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Low Carbon Development
- Energy and Development
- Food Security and Social Protection
- Global Environmental Change and Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 30 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good first degree in an appropriate subject area, as accepted by the University of London, and a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4937 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9875 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4937 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9875 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- PgDip: £7,900
- PgCert: £3,950
Dependent on nationality, employment circumstances and other factors, funding and sponsorship sources can include:
- United Nations (UNESCO, FAO, UNDP, UNEP etc)
- Bilateral Aid Agencies (SIDA, GTZ, etc)
- European Union
- British Council
- UK Department for International Development / Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Educational and other charitable trusts
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.