You can design your own study track where you focus on e.g. finance, operation analysis or economic theory.
The Mathematics-Economics programme at the University of Copenhagen gives you the prerequisites to understand economic models, their mathematical foundations, and their application in the financial and political world as well as in the public sector.
The job opportunities are very good for MSc graduates in mathematics-economics. For example, many mathematical economists work in Denmark and abroad in the financial sector with advanced model development for banks and insurance companies, and others work at national banks and public institutions, and also as researchers at universities.
The close collaboration and relationship with economics is also reflected in the fact that many economic advisers and experts are mathematical economists.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Econometrics: Statistical Analysis of Econometric Time Series
- Macroeconomics – Business Cycles and Monetary Stabilization Policy
- Microeconomics – Industrial Organization
- Finance: Dynamic Portfolio Choice
- Advanced Probability Theory
- Stochastic Processes in Non-Life Insurance
- Computational Finance
- Stochastic Processes in Life Insurance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics View 29 other Masters in Economics in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Mathematics-Economics.
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements.
- BSc in Mathematics-Economics from the University of Copenhagen
Other bachelor’s degrees
- If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements.
International10760 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5380 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fee: DKK 40,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.