A Challenging Programme Composed By Two Renowned Institutions
Two leading organizations at the forefront of health care and technology. This collaboration tops a solid technological basis with strong links to research performed in a clinical setting.
Are you a student with a clear interest in health care technology, a ‘beta-mindset’, a curiosity towards the natural sciences and medical imaging, and ambition in research? Do you have a background in natural or physical sciences, e.g. physics, mathematics, computer science or more applied technical sciences like biomedical engineering? This Master’s programme might just be a perfect fit.
Why You Should Study Medical Imaging At Utrecht University
- It’s a strongly technology-oriented Master’s programme in a clinical setting. It allows you to work with an impressive range of imaging platforms.
- You will have the opportunity to carry out research projects at renowned international research groups and with selected industrial partners, and gain valuable experience which helps your career in the world of research and technology development.
- The whole field of medical imaging, ranging from image acquisition physics to advanced image processing and analysis topics, is covered.
- You will benefit from the excellent international reputation and strong position of the Image Sciences Institute (ISI) and the Center for Image Sciences (CIS) at UMC Utrecht.
Medical Imaging prepares for a career in research, either at our own PhD programme Medical Imaging or at other institutes in the Netherlands or abroad. Alternatively, students leaving after obtaining their MSc degree will profit from a solid education in imaging physics and image analysis for a career in industry.
If you choose to pursue an academic career, a logical step will be to start a PhD project after you obtain your Master’s degree. Your research projects during Medical Imaging will prepare you for PhD positions in the field of imaging physics and image analysis.
After obtaining a PhD degree, you can choose to continue in academia or to continue your career in the clinic or industry. Continuing in academia consists of doing post-doc work and becoming an assistant, associate or full professor.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Capita Selecta In Medical Image Analysis Tu/eindhoven
- Capita Selecta In Medical Imaging
- Image Processing
- Medical Image Formation
- Programming For Medical Imaging
- Radiation Physics Tu/eindhoven
- Radiotherapy Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Health Sciences Computer Sciences View 108 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A relevant Bachelor’s degreeBachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are:
- (Applied) Physics
- (Applied) Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Biology with a theoretical Bioinformatics Minor
Biomedical Sciences with a relevant and sufficient Science Minor
In depth knowledge and insight in the field of physics, mathematics, computer science or more applied sciences.
- Academic performance: high overall score (GPA, average grade, grading tables), and high grades for relevant courses
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.