Candidates are placed in local schools and agencies for part-time, yearlong internship experiences.
Students in the Counseling program benefit from the strong connections that University of Puget Sound faculty have to the schools and community, and from the small, collaborative classes, active development of cultural competence, and personal mentoring from both experienced faculty members and internship supervisors.
As a counseling candidate in our M.Ed. program you will have the opportunity to explore questions such as: What skills would help me promote positive change in a variety of settings? How can I explain and understand the behavior of others? Will I be able to work effectively with families, or even larger systems, as well as individuals? How will I know if what I am doing is enhancing the well-being of people?
What you'll learn
- Engage in multiple contexts to promote the social and emotional growth and development of individuals, groups, families, and organizations
- Critically and intentionally utilize multiple theories of counseling and human development and multiple sources of evidence to inform and develop practice
- Interrogate your own biases and social location to actively pursue culturally-responsive practice and contribute collaboratively to the ongoing work of equity
- Humanistic Theories and Techniques
- Cognitive Behavior Theories and Techniques
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Counseling Pre-Practicum
- Research and Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 1254 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete both steps of the School of Education Application. The M.A.T. application includes three essay prompts and the M.Ed. application includes one essay prompt.
- Official Transcripts: Arrange to have official transcripts of all completed college-level coursework forwarded to the university.
- M.Ed. candidates should submit at least one academic reference if they have taken coursework at a college or university within the last three years.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Résumé: Submit a résumé via the online application.
- Application Fee: A $60 application fee is required, except for current University of Puget Sound undergraduate students and alumni.
International32775 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32775 USD per year during 24 months.
National32775 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32775 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.