- This is a valuable opportunity for students to learn from other doctors who are leading by example and bringing the taught components of the programme to life.
- UCL is one of the top universities in the world with fantastic research strengths, and a genuine commitment to educational excellence. This combination of academic excellence, grounded in the reality of service delivery and development, sets this masters programme apart from others.
- This is a flexible, modular masters programme taught at the RCP in London, which can be completed in 3–5 years. This is a cumulative programme and early exit with a Certificate (after first year) or Diploma (after second year) is possible.
- The Medical Education programme at the Royal College of Physicians is specifically designed for doctors wishing to develop their roles as educators. Participants will learn to use appropriate teaching strategies and educational theories to enhance the way they support learning. The MSc in Medical Education is ideally suited to doctors in any specialty, such as medicine, surgery and public health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine
- Assessment in Medical Education
- Educational Supervision and Clinical Teaching
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Research Methods in Medical Education
- Course and Curriculum Design in Medical Education
- Advanced Clinical Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Special Education Health Sciences View 86 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This masters programme is exclusively for qualified doctors and we welcome applicants from all grades and specialties. Applicants should have a role in medical education.
- This is a very popular MSc programme with more applicants than available places. Due to competition for places at all levels of the programme, it is important that the application form includes details of the applicant's roles, responsibilities and interest in medical education. Students can only apply for the Certificate level of the programme at this stage, even if they intend to complete the whole MSc.
International9445 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9445 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4050 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
RCP members and fellows are given the opportunity to apply for funding from RCP trust funds, with applications assessed on a twice-yearly basis.
Anyone interested in applying for funds from the RCP should first check the available awards, and apply directly if the project suits one of these opportunities. As per the Funding and Awards Management Committee terms of reference, funds granted are generally:
- a one-off payment
- paid over a maximum of two years
- unable to be reapplied for within three years
Applications should be directed to the five strategic themes of the RCP and toward academic research. The committee will not usually support salaries or degrees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.