During the PGCE - Secondary programme of University of Worcester you'll be taught in small seminar groups, and get plenty of academic and personal support from your tutors. You really get to know your subject and how to teach it.
- Placements in at least two different schools, giving you a breadth of experience and the chance to specialise while you develop self-reflection, self-criticism and self-confidence
- Opportunities to develop additional specialisms in areas such as special educational needs, technology enhanced learning, and leadership
- Extra-curricular opportunities, such as conferences and special projects, to boost your chances of employment
- School Direct routes and the option to study Core PGCEs full-time or part-time
- The course lasts for 10 months and there are excellent tax free training bursaries available
Where could it take you?
There are excellent prospects in teaching, Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) have one of the highest employment rates of all graduates and are very much in demand, especially those who have trained in a shortage subject.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Aspiring Leaders
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- PSHE and Citizenship
- English as an Additional Language
- Teenage Mental Health
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Legal Studies View 827 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Honours degree normally (2:2) or higher from a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification, in a relevant subject area.
- Applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- Grade C/level 4 at GCSE in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent) passed at the time of entry.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.