The Geopolitical Studies (GPS) programme offered by Charles University is deliberately structured to take advantage of the multidisciplinary nature of the Institute of Political Studies (IPS) and the Faculty. Students are encouraged to connect different fields of study and combine a global perspective with attention to detail and local interests. Therefore, the programme is an excellent stepping stone for both future academic and professional career.
The GPS programme is part of the double degree scheme in collaboration with National Taiwan University (NTU). It offers a limited number of places to the students of both institutions. Based on the selection process organized during the first year, several GPS students will have a chance to get the second diploma in East Asian Studies at NTU during the second year.
Main aim of the Geopolitical Studies Research Centre is a study of territoriality in its many aspects. Territory as the main dimension of geopolitical thinking is probably the most important organizational principle of society. As geopolitics and political geography themselves incorporate many perspectives on the development of the world politics they are very important tool for understanding contemporary global developments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods in Geopolitics
- Geopolitics and Political Geography of World Regions
- Geopolitics and Geostrategy
- Geopolitical Thought
- Geopolitics of sovereignty, state failure and unrecognized states
- Theories of International Relations (GPS)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- February - early bird deadline (visa countries)
- April - regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- June - second early bird deadline (visa countries)
- August - second regular deadline (non-visa countries)
- November - the admission process starts for the following year
DisciplinesEconomics Geography Political Science View 4 other Masters in Geography in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open to students who have completed a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Prior study of political science, international relations or geopolitics is not required. However, excellent background in political science is an advantage.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The International Visegrad Fund (IVF) is a joint initiative of the governments of the four Visegrad Group countries (Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary). It offers scholarships for study abroad, both to students from within the Visegrad group, and to neighbouring countries like Belarus and Ukraine.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.