The Master's programme in Artificial Intelligence takes a multidisciplinary approach to understanding and modelling brain systems. Students in this programme can draw on courses from mathematics, computer science, psychology and neuroscience.
This programme also works closely with the world-renowned Donder's Institute and the Behavioural Science Institute. Students also have access to Radboud's state-of-the-art facilities for brain imaging: EEG, fMRI and MEG.
Students from the Artificial Intelligence programme at Radboud University can choose one of two specialisations: Cognitive Computing or Intelligent Technology.
What will you learn?
Learn about the theoretical backgrounds as well as the societal, ethical and legal impacts of AI.
Engage with contemporary methods in Machine Learning from a practical or statistical standpoint.
Understand how to apply AI in a broad range of fields, from medicine and health care, to human-robot interactions
Many graduates are offered jobs before they ever leave Radboud, while some continue in their academic career as a PhD researcher. Graduates from this programme could find work in a wide variety of fields:
R&D programme manager
Machine learning expert
- Policy advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
How does it actually work to perceive, to act, to decide and to remember? Learn how to create artificial information systems that mimic biological systems as well as how to use theoretical insights from AI to better understand cognitive processing in humans
- How can an understanding of language and communication be used to improve the interactions between intelligent technology? Developing intelligent machines and new ways for humans and machines to interact, as well as understanding cognition through human behavior.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesRobotics Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 6 other Masters in Robotics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a Research University in Artificial Intelligence or a related programme with a comparable content that sufficiently prepares for an advanced Master’s programme in AI. An acceptable candidate should have:
- Substantial knowledge of Computer Science (in particular sufficient programming experience and software development experience, at least 15-24 EC)
- A sufficient Mathematics background (knowledge of calculus, linear algebra, statistics)
- A broad knowledge of core Artificial Intelligence techniques (such as logic, machine learning, search & planning, reasoning under uncertainty) at an introductory level
- Proficiency in English
- Specialisation-specific requirements
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.