Students in this Management Information Systems program at the Cyprus International University, use computer laboratories which are equipped with advanced technologies and various digital applications to apply the theoretical knowledge received in classroom environments. Working with experts in various research areas help students to build knowledge about scientific research, the development of methodologies, writing and presentation techniques as well as prepare for their future careers. For an instance, students use real life data from industry on Oracle Business Intelligence Software to apply their theoretical knowledge received in Business Intelligence course. As another example, students use Wacom tablet to carry out research on e-signature applications which are commonly used in business world today. Additionally, other research areas include e-commerce, e-learning, e-business, data mining and business intelligence.
Students who graduate from this program will master developing information technologies that will help them to continuously improve themselves. Besides, Management Information Systems experts are dynamic who create a good connection between people and computers, and have good relationships with people from all levels. Therefore, graduates of this program mainly will have opportunity to work in information management centers, project development, research and development centers, software and programming, and consultancy sections of companies, governmental offices and non-profit organizations. Examples for job positions include, management information system expert or consultant or coordinator, project manager, data or system analyst and database administrator.
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Design and Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Web-Database Engineering
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence
- Projects and Risk Management
- Applied Business Techniques
- Decision Support Systems
- Strategic Management
- Production Information Systems
- Management Science
- Enterprise Application Integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences View 15 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Turkey
- Completed application form
- Bachelor’s Degree Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree transcripts for each completed academic term/year.
- Evidence of English Language competence: TOEFL (65 IBT) or IELTS (5.5). Students without these documents will take CIU’s English proficiency exam on the CIU campus following arrival.
- Scanned copy of international passport/birth certificate
- Fully completed and signed CIU Rules and Regulations document (which can be downloaded during the online application)
International350 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 350 EUR per module and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA350 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 350 EUR per module and a duration of 12 months.
Scholarships to Encourage and Reward Success
- Cyprus International University provides academic scholarships for its students as an incentive for success with most students benefiting from 50%, 75% or 100% scholarships or discounted educational fees.
Fees and Tuitions Made Affordable
- Cyprus International University offers special payment options which provide discounts on fees (including tuition, housing, 3-meal dining plan, student activity fund, transportation, registration, School of Foreign Languages course books) and other expenses to be incurred by students during an academic year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.