Within the past decade there has been a marked growth in the career opportunities available for sport and exercise biomechanists (eg teaching in further and higher education, World Class Support programmes). Coupled with this growth there has also been an increased need for appropriately qualified and accredited individuals to fill such positions.
The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences has developed procedures for the accreditation of suitably experienced individuals that stipulate the possession of a relevant form of postgraduate qualification.
The MSc in Sport and Exercise Biomechanics, therefore, provides students with an opportunity to study at a postgraduate level to fulfil the initial requirements for BASES accreditation, to develop their knowledge of the sport and exercise sciences and to increase their skills in applying such knowledge in both sporting and exercise populations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Techniques in Sport and Exercise Biomechanics
- Biomechanical Instrumentation and Measurement
- Ergonomics in Sport and Exercise
- The Research Methods and Statistics
- The Supervised Experience Portfolio
- Tissue Mechanics and Assistive Devices
- Independent Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 305 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7040 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.