Ecological Economics from Scotland's Rural College (SRUC) focuses on using the application of economic principles to make sustainability and environmental management work in practice.
Graduates with Ecological Economics from Scotland's Rural College (SRUC) will:
- be able to appreciate the systematic interaction between ecology, social systems and economics, vital for finding solutions to contemporary environmental problems.
- be well-equipped to examine and criticise how environmental and social policy is formulated and implemented in developed and developing world economies.
- have developed skills linked to their own specific areas of interest in specialist topics of your choosing, as well as some that appear in the top 15 ‘most wanted’ for the environmental sector, like multidisciplinarity, sustainability science and planning, and risk and uncertainty analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecological Economics
- Applications in Ecological Economics
- Ecological Economics Field Methods in Research and Practice
- Environmental Valuation
- Environment, Conservation and Sustainability
- Environment and Countryside
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Round 1 - 31/01
- Round 2 - 31/03
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy View 506 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- UK honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in any subject. A UK 2.2 may be considered.
- Evidence of proficiency in English (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 GBP per year during 12 months.
Eligible Scottish students studying full-time do not need to pay tuition fees. To qualify as a Scottish student, you must meet all the conditions.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.