Developmental Focused Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, studied at TED University (GoKÇEP), the first program in Turkey to offer diplomas in this specific field, aims to train qualified psychologists who will work in clinical child and adolescent psychology in academic or applied environments. Bringing together the clinical, developmental and family sub-fields of psychology, the program is structured within the framework of a multidisciplinary approach .
The program, which was created on the basis of the discipline of Clinical Psychology , offers a specific and comprehensive education to provide its students with knowledge and skills in the field of child and adolescent mental health . The "development oriented" program provides enrichment by being fed from the knowledge, method and point of view provided by the development science. Family psychology, on the other hand, adds the basic contextual dimension to the understanding, evaluation, prevention and treatment of childhood mental health and disorders as a complementary component.
TEDU Developmental Focused Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology MSc Program Graduates will be able to:
- recognize the context, process and characteristics of the normal development in children and adolescents.
- differentiate the characteristics of normal development from that of abnormal/atypical development
- explain and analyze mental health problems and psychopathology of children and adolescents within a developmental framework
- apply clinical assessment techniques directed to children and adolescents
- apply basic clinical interview principles and skills when working with children, adolescents and their families.
- provide psychotherapy to children and adolescents
- follow scientific developments in the field of clinical child and adolescents psychology
- design and conduct longitudinal and qualified scientific research with a developmental focus in the field of clinical child and adolescent psychology.
- present the results of a scientific research to the national and international audience
- take professional and ethical responsibility while conducting research and doing practice work
- engage in lifelong learning
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Play Therapy
- Family Crises and Trauma
- Family Systems: A Developmental Perspective
- Application of Learning Theories to Clinical Practice with Children and Families
- Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Childhood Studies View 9 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Turkey
- Only candidates who have graduated from Psychology Departments can be accepted to the program. Also, at least advanced level of Turkish is required because of the interviews with the clients and internship.
- Having received at least 60 points from ALES in the same-weighted type (Exams announced by the Council of Higher Education to be used instead of ALES and equivalent scores can be used instead of ALES),
- A minimum score of 151 (quantitative) from the GRE is required.
- According to Article 16-(6) of TED University Postgraduate Education Regulation; Candidates, GRE, GMAT and similar international exam scores determined by the relevant EABDB and announced by the Institute instead of ALES score;
- Candidates with a Master 's (MSc) or PhD (PhD) degree in Psychology are deemed to have met the 3.00 undergraduate GPA requirement.
International5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.