The Journalism (Double Masters with University of Warwick) program at Monash University provides you with the opportunity to work with award-winning journalists and academics with strong industry links. You will cultivate high-level skills in research and reporting across all media – print, online, radio and video – and explore the role of themedia in contemporary society.
You can couple the Master of Journalism at Monash with any one of the nine MAs taught through Politics and International Studies at Warwick: International Relations, International Security, International Political Economy, Public Policy, International Politics and East Asia, International Politics and Europe, International Development, United States Foreign Policy or Political and Legal Theory.
The program can be completed in two and a half years studying full-time, and will conclude with a joint dissertation (to be taken at either Monash or Warwick) with a supervisor from Monash and Warwick. You will graduate with a Master of Journalism from Monash and a Master of Arts from Warwick.
- Video-making as research
- International journalism field school
- Journalism practice
- Media, law and ethics
- Professional internship
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 33 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 084614G
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average, or qualification/ experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
- Or an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and an Australian graduate certificate (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average in both qualifications, or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
International37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37900 AUD per year during 30 months.
National26700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 AUD per year during 30 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.