The Biomedical Science course at Coventry University is composed of a combination of modules which upon successful completion build to the award of a Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) Biomedical Science, Master’s (MSc) Biomedical Science, or as an extended MSc Biomedical Science with Professional Experience.
You can choose one of three specialist pathways all of which aim to advance your knowledge and link to the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) specialist training portfolio: Clinical Haematology and Blood Transfusion; Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology; and Infection Science. Part-time study is available for all programmes except the extended course with Professional Experience.
This Biomedical Science course includes the opportunity to gain extensive hands on experience in the laboratory, including use of diagnostic instruments encountered in a clinical setting and contemporary techniques in molecular biology. You should appraise current developments in genomics and regenerative medicine and their application to biomedical science, and explore the professional requirements for laboratory management including quality assurance, laboratory accreditation and regulation.
The course aims to prepare you for a wide range of careers spanning government, academic, commercial, industrial and healthcare applications of biomedical sciences.
Examples of possible career routes include working in laboratory quality assurance and management or becoming a researcher or biomedical scientists for the NHS, public health laboratories, commercial diagnostic laboratories, the Blood Transfusion service, university research laboratories and bioscience/life sciences private companies. Within the NHS, a master’s qualification is required for further career progression to apply for Senior Biomedical Scientist positions at Band 7 and above.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory and Professional Skills for Biomedical Science
- Global Professional Development - Entrepreneurship
- Genomic and Regenerative Medicine
- Research Principles and Preparation
- Clinical Haematology and Blood TransfusionClinical Biochemistry and Immunology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics View 204 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The requirements for admission for PgCert/PgDip and MSc Biomedical Science are:
- An Honours degree in a Biomedical Science undergraduate course; with a minimum of a lower second class (2.ii) classification (2.i for the professional experience course)
- An equivalent appropriate qualification that includes substantial clinical or biomedical content. We would expect to see the study of one or more of the following modules in the final year of an undergraduate degree: clinical biochemistry, microbiology and virology, clinical immunology, haematology
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA students: £13,700 (with professional experience)
- Non-EU/EEA students: £17,550 (with professional experience)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.