The purpose of the M.S. in Biology offered by Catholic University of America is to prepare students for teaching, research, and administrative careers in biological or biomedical sciences. Courses in this program provide a foundation in biochemistry, cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, neurobiology, and virology. In addition, presentations and participation in a graduate seminar program prepare students to be effective teachers and communicators.
Fields of research concentration currently include:
- mechanisms of bacterial pathogenesis
- liver cell biology in health and disease
- biochemical and genetic analysis of multidrug transporters in yeast and humans
- molecular biology of cancer and metastasis
- regulation of gene expression during development
- mechanisms of craniofacial diseases
- mechanisms of DNA packaging in bacteriophages and viruses
- novel genetic engineering approaches for epitope presentation and vaccine development
- bacterial exotoxins and their inhibitors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Literary Approach to Biology
- General Biology
- Mechanisms of Life
- Medicine and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 476 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International49680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24840 USD per semester during 24 months.
National49680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24840 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.