This blended-learning program (online/on-campus) is breaking new ground in investigating public space as a backdrop for artistic expression and intervention.
Creatives with a background in theatre, dance, circus, music, fine arts, architecture, digital arts and graphic design are welcome to join this Performing Public Space course at Fontys University of Applied Sciences.
Why study at Fontys
Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts (FHK) provides higher professional education on Bachelor’s and Master’s degree level in the field of the performing arts and arts education. The school hosts four main departments: Fine Arts, Dance, Music, and Theatre. Studying Performing Public Space at Fontys is your chance to develop your career in an international and interdisciplinary environment and to tailor your studies to your professional needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
PPS combines highly adaptable teaching methods, which are based on the principles of Social Transformative Learning.
- The online learning environment (distance learning) offers students a 24/7 platform for intensive research and creative dialogue with their peers and mentors throughout the program.
- The on-site bootcamp education weeks provide the necessary setting and hands-on approach to investigate, develop and test work in the field - the public space.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Audition dates will be announced soon
DisciplinesVisual Arts Music Theatre & Dance View 36 other Masters in Visual Arts in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students in this program will be selected on the basis of the quality of their proposals. Artists must hand in:
- a well-considered project plan
- a motivation letter
- a current Curriculum Vitae
- and an extensive vision on the value of art in public space.
- a portfolio documenting previous artwork (if applicable)
- Prerequisite for admission is a Bachelor degree (preferably in the arts or in a related artistic practice).
- As the Master program is taught in English, students have to prove having sufficient command of the English language.
International7170 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7170 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.