The University’s location in central London provides easy access to unrivalled library and museum resources, and the programme draws on a range of tutors, each of whom are international experts in their field. There are opportunities to undertake placement work in the rare book trade or libraries and archives sector.
Careers and further study
Many of our alumni go on to establish successful careers in related fields, including academic librarianship, museum curatorship, publishing, art, and the print and antiquarian book trade. Some students aim to progress to study at PhD level for a career in academia. Our programmes provide outstanding training in research skills and equip you with the intellectual framework and language proficiency to undertake independent research with confidence and success. Former students have progressed to PhD study at the Institute and elsewhere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies and Resources for the History of the Book
- The Medieval Book
- The Book in Early Modern England
- The Book in the Industrial Age
- Textual Scholarship and Contemporary Editorial Theory
- Book trade/library internship (summer)
- Any LRBS course
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Literature View 544 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The normal minimum entrance requirement would be a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree from a university in the UK, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard (for example a grade-point-average of 3.0 or higher).
- We will consider applications from candidates who do not meet the formal academic requirements but who offer alternative qualifications and/or relevant experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16275 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7025 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7025 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fees vary depending on fee status and study mode.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Find out more about our range of funding opportunities: https://www.sas.ac.uk/graduate-study/fees-and-funding
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.