The two-years program Soft-Nanosciences at Université Grenoble Alpes is focused on soft and complex micro-nano-systems whose self-organization capabilities, fluctuating dynamics, and sometimes active properties, lead to specific effects at the nanoscale and have enormous potential for innovation in materials science and engineering.
- It provides a broad interdisciplinary expertise in physics, mechanics, chemistry, and surfaces science, as well as experimental skills with top-equipment for the characterization of soft nanostructures, and training on the most recent numerical tools. Mastering simultaneously the fundamentals of statistical physics and the last numerical and experimental advances is a step forward to face current societal challenges such as new energies, bio-inspired processes, smart materials and macro-molecules for new medical challenges.
- The program will prepare you as well to a career in fundamental research or R&D departments of industries.
Core courses :
- Out of equilibrium statistical physics
- Complex fluids
- Large Scale Facilities for Soft Matter
- Adhesion, friction, nanomechanics
- Research Intensive Training
- Thematic School in Soft Condensed Matter
- Advanced characterization
The program can be followed after a bachelor in physics, material science, mechanical or chemical engineering would enable to follow the program.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Molecular Sciences Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 16 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You can directly apply through the online application portal (e-candidat) by clicking on the link below, if you fulfil one of the following scenarios :
- You have a Bachelor degree from the UGA (Université Grenoble Alpes),
- You have a Bachelor degree from another French University or
- You were enrolled in a foreign higher educational institution which is not part of the « Campus France » program (see below) for at least three university years.
International3862 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3862 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA335 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 335 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Grenoble
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.