You will gain a comprehensive skill set that will enable you to work in a variety of sectors using a blended learning approach that combines theory, intensive practice and industrial engagement.
The Data Analytics programme at the University of Strathclyde has been jointly developed by the Departments of Management Science, Mathematics & Statistics and Computer & Information Sciences. It brings together essential skills from all three departments in order to address the needs of a fast-growing industry.
This collaboration avoids the narrow interpretation of this subject offered by competitor institutions and presents significant opportunities for businesses to recruit data analytics experts with a high-level expertise and knowledge.
You will have optional opportunities to complete your MSc summer dissertation projects in client-based projects, where a number of host organisations will be arranged by the department.
Assessment methods include a mix of written assignments, exams, practical team projects, presentations and individual projects.
The aim of the MSc in data analytics is to develop graduates who can use data analytics technology, understand the statistical principles behind the technologies and understand how to apply these technologies to solve business problems.
Graduates will be able to bridge the various knowledge domains that are relevant for tackling data analytics problems as well as being able to identify emerging themes and directions within data analytics. Graduates will display abilities across the three component disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Data Fundamentals
- Big Data Tools & Techniques
- Data Analytics in R
- Business & Decision Modelling
- Optimisation for Analytics
- Data Analytics in Practice
- Dissertation in Data Analytics
- Database Fundamentals
- Evolutionary Computation for Finance 1
- Evolutionary Computation for Finance 2
- Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues for the Information Society
- Fundamentals of Machine
- Learning for Data Analytics
- Financial Econometrics
- Bayesian Spatial Statistics
- Networks in Finance
- Mathematical Introduction to Networks
- Stochastic Modelling for Analytics
- Business Simulation Modelling
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Business Information Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Data Science & Big Data View 729 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Second-class Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in mathematics, natural sciences, engineering, or economics/finance. Applications from those with other degrees are also encouraged if you have demonstrated a good grasp of numerical/quantitative subjects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21300 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of UK £11,250
University of Strathclyde offers several scholarships and funding opportunities. Please check the website for more information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.