The MSc in Investment and Finance programme at University of Strathclyde provides you with a comprehensive education in the theory of finance. It also covers the various techniques and analytical tools used by investment professionals in practical decision-taking.
The course will provide you with
- an understanding of financial theory and analysis
- an appreciation of the nature of financial markets and institutions
- a working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis
- an understanding of the techniques and concepts employed in the valuation of bonds and equities
- an ability to develop portfolios and investment strategies to meet risk-return objectives
- an understanding of derivatives – options, futures, swaps
- an understanding of the quantitative analysis and techniques employed in finance.
Every class will either have a class test or assignment during semesters 1 and 2. Exams will take place at the end of each semester in December and April/May.
This course is suitable for those intending to develop their careers in finance, broadly defined as:
- corporate finance
- security analysis
- portfolio management
- derivatives, financial engineering and treasury management
- financial decision and policymaking
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- International Financial Markets & Banking
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Derivatives & Treasury Management
- Portfolio Theory & Management
- Security Analysis
- Topics in Corporate Finance
- Equity Analysis
- Behavioural Finance
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Financial Modelling for Excel
- Fixed Income Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1693 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Second-class Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject with a strong quantitative component. Applications are also considered from students with appropriate professional qualifications and relevant practical experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Rest of UK £14,150
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
University of Strathclyde offers several scholarships and funding opportunities. Please check the website for more information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.