The English-taught MA in Diplomacy and Global Governance provides students and professionals with comprehensive knowledge and policy-oriented skills at the intersection of diplomacy and global governance. Both diplomacy and global governance are important institutions of the international order; but they are also the institutions undergoing permanent processes of change in the modern and at times turbulent world.
With its strong links to the policy-making world and university/think tank partners in Brussels, wider Europe, US and Asia, the programme offers students a truly global exchange between theory and practice. By bringing together key practitioners with scholars from these fields, graduates of this programme will be equipped to extract insights and advantages of the various perspectives and approaches at this turning point in the history of diplomacy and global governance.
- Organised in cooperation with the Royal Military Academy
- Strong link between theory and actual practice
- Limited class size ensures high interaction and close contacts among students and with the professors
- Internship placement in international organisations, think tanks and NGOs
- Intensive skills training and policy workshops, e.g. during a Capstone course that exposes students to real-life issues and challenges of policymakers and practitioners; during several simulations students participate in (SUNY model EU, Model NATO, Model UN MEDMUN)
- Strong link to policy-maker scene in Brussels
- Accredited by the Flemish educational authorities (NVAO)
- Supported by the extensive expertise of our Office for Teaching, Learning and Innovation to accommodate sophisticated blended teaching methods
The Brussels School of Governance is an alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College. This Master in Diplomacy and Global Governance is organised by Vesalius College.
Vesalius College is registered with the Flemish government of Belgium as an institution of higher education, and its bachelor’s and master’s degrees have been granted accredited status by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO, Nederlands-Vlaamse Accreditatie Organisatie).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The 90 ECTS MA in Global Peace, Security and Strategic Studies runs across one intensive academic year and is divided into three trimesters. Hence, it will take a full-time student a total study time of 12 months. Students taking the 120 ECTS option will have a to complete a fourth semester and will therefore have a total study time of 16 months.
- Trimester 1: Core Foundations (Compulsory Courses): students take five compulsory courses
- Trimester 2: Specialisation Tracks (Elective Courses): students take four compulsory courses and one elective
- Trimester 3: MA Thesis, Capstone Case Study and one elective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Option of an extended 120 ECTS version
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 17 other Masters in International Relations in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students must have obtained a degree in Social, Economic or Political Sciences, Business or Law qualifying for graduate studies in the country of origin. If your degree is not within these disciplines, relevant work experience in these or related fields may qualify.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Fees for extended option including GRACM (120 ECTS):
- All students: €17.000
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Vesalius College will award Academic Excellence Scholarships to students who have outstanding academic records in their undergraduate degree and whose extra-curricular achievements show evidence of leadership in today’s global society. Other factors include one letter of recommendation from and, in certain cases, standardised test scores.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.