The purpose of Contemporary Performance and Composition program from the Royal College of Music is to educate experienced musicians and composers in contemporary music in new technology, improvisation and cross-border collaboration.
Gathering the best practice of the partners, the programme provides a broad-based and up-to-date study of new music in addition to a unique opportunity for international and intercultural exchange. As all students spend one semester in turn at each partner institution, you will benefit from group synergy and from the competencies and cultural-educational backgrounds of all partner academies and countries. Studies will be centred around the Master Degree Project which you will complete over the two-year study period.
You will spend each semester in a different institution and country, as follows:
- Conservatoire National Supérieur Musique et Danse de Lyon, France
- Eesti Muusika- ja Teatriakadeemia, Estonia
- Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg, Germany
- Kungl. Musikhögskolan i Stockholm, Sweden
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CoPeCo is a Master's programme jointly offered by four higher music institutions in Europe aiming at educating performers and composers used to creative interaction during the preparation and presentation of new music and having a high proficiency in working across disciplines and with new technologies.
- CoPeCo focuses on live electronics, improvisation, cross-disciplinary interaction and cooperation. Entrepreneurship workshops provide substantial skills needed for succeeding in the rapidly changing arts scene and market. Cross-disciplinarity as one of the key qualities of the programme will be further developed as you have an opportunity to create the artistic projects in cooperation with other art forms.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You can apply to only one of the four partner institutions.
- If your application is successful you will be enrolled in the same institution where you submitted your application.
- This institution will remain your home institution for the whole duration of your studies.
International12083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24166 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.