The Nordic Performance Master in Jazz programme from the Royal College of Music benefits from group collaboration and the competence and education culture of each partner college, which provides a good foundation for and current insight into Nordic jazz music as well as a unique opportunity for international and intercultural exchange.
You apply to one of these university colleges and the education leads to a Master's degree from your home college.
KMH offers a joint Nordic jazz education together with::
- The Royal Academy of Music (DJM) in Aarhus/Aalborg, Denmark
- Sibelius Academy (SibA) in Helsinki, Finland
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The overall aim of the program is to provide in-depth artistic skills for musicians, composers and ensemble leaders to work in the diverse jazz genre.
- Therefore, instrumental studies are central to enable you to develop very good skills on your own instrument combined with independent creation in improvisation, composition and music production.
- The main instrument courses contribute to the development of your individual special character as an instrumentalist and improviser at a very high level. The link between instrumental technique and improvised tone language is clarified to enable you to work in many varied musical environments with all your specifics intact. The content is adapted to a large extent according to your needs and conditions.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Before starting the studies on postgraduate level, you must have completed an undergraduate study programme of at least 180 ECTS, taken a B.A. in music or acquired corresponding qualifications in your speciality.
- Your application must be accompanied by a diploma substantiating your eligibility.
International12083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24166 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.