The core values of the International and Diplomatic Studies program from University of Economics, Prague are: comprehensive understanding of the subject, integrity of theory and practice, emphasis on ethical and environmental dimension of decision-making, and respect for the multicultural aspects of the international environment.
- has deep interdisciplinary knowledge of international economics, international policy, international law, international security, and ties between these disciplines both on a theoretical and applied level;
- understands the current globalization process and its consequences from the global, state, and also world's regions (including the European region) perspective;
- knows principles of foreign policy analysis, foreign policy making of particular countries, and understands the role of the great powers, European Union and other actors in the contemporary world;
- has knowledge of diplomatic practice, preventive diplomacy, international negotiations, diplomatic protocol and etiquette, and diplomatic and consular law;
- can process and prepare research projects due to know-how acquired during studies abroad.
Graduates' profiles, labour market and job opportunities
Graduates are prepared for independent managerial, conceptual and diplomatic work in a current dynamic international environment. Based on their deep interdisciplinary
knowledge, they are equipped with strategic decision-making for such an environment.
The graduates can work as: career diplomats, executives of international institutions at a state-wide or regional level, executives in European and international political or economic institutions and organizations, top-level managers and conceptual workers of international projects in NGOs, UN agencies, and other international public or private institutions, research workers, professional analysts, and also employees in mass media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Economic Relations
- Global Power Politics
- Europe in International Relations
- Comparative Politics
- International Law in International Relations
- Foreign Policy Making and Analysis
- Theories of International Relations
- Globalization in International Relations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Development View 4 other Masters in International Development in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Essay (2.200 words; max. 100 points, min. 50)
- CV in English (with a photo and a signature)
- Temporary Transcript of records (or the final one)
- Recommendation letter (academic or work reference)
- Cover letter (Letter of motivation)
- Aptitude for study, which is CV + Transcript of records + Recommendation letter + Cover letter (max. 50 points, min. 25)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.