The master’s programme prepares specialists and experts on spatial data management for various fields of life in public, private, or non-governmental sector. During the studies, the students get acquainted with the spatial processes and phenomena in the contemporary society and environment such as migration, urbanisation, land use and climate change. In data oriented studios and courses, students get skills and know-how how to obtain, manage, analyse, and use data concerning these processes in spatial planning, decision-making, and policy-development.Intensive studio-format combining data management and geography, high-level theoretical courses, the possibility to individually design half of the curriculum together with world class scientific team provides the future alumni a competitive advantage on contemporary job market.
Why study Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society at UT?
- UT is ranked in the top 200 universities in the world in geography (QS rankings 2020).
- Learn geography and IT in the age of big data and use this knowledge to analyse environmental and social processes for interdisciplinary decision-making.
- After graduation, you can work as a spatial data manager, spatial analyst, GIS consulant, urban and regional planner or pursue an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The two-years master’s programme “Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society” consists of four equal cycles:¼ – intensive and practical studio format,¼ – specialisation courses and work placement,¼ – elective and optional courses,¼ – master’s thesis.
Junior Research Fellow of Human Geography Janika Raun, Programme Director
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural or social sciences
- At least 30 ECTS in the previous level of studies either in geography, geoinformatics, information technology, environmental technology, planning, geology, ecology, biology, environmental physics, economy, sociology, or government and politics
- English language proficiency
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition waivers and monthly stipends are available for top-ranked candidates.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.