Why study Spatial Planning - Planning, Land and Real Estate Development programme offered at Radboud University
- This specialisation offers a different understanding of planning and forms of practices. You will be encouraged to develop new ways of creating socially, environmentally and economically just places.
- We are a small, almost ‘family-like’ department that covers a broad range of topics with a strong track record in related research. This means that you’ll have the advantage of enjoying plenty of one-on-one contact with expert supervisors while pursuing a topic that is of personal interest to you.
- You are trained to think outside given boxes by combining well-established core courses with electives providing state of the art specialist knowledge.
- Together with lecturers and practitioners, you will develop smart and sustainable solutions for actual and future planning problems.
Upon completion students will have knowledge of:
- Interfaces between different planning concepts, sectors and interests
- Synergies that are found and trade-offs that are made along these interfaces
- Paths through which integrative planning is manifested in policy formulation, decision-making and projects at different geographical and institutional levels
Spatial planners from Nijmegen work as policy maker, consultant or project manager for government, consulting firms, project developers, housing corporations or research institutes. Also, more and more of our alumni are working in international projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Institutional Perspectives, Territorial Governance by Market, State and Civil Society
- Land and Real Estate Markets: Smart Governance, Finance and Business Models
- Advanced Research Methods
- Urban Future Lab
- Comparative Spatial Planning and Metropolitan Development
- Master's Thesis in Planning, Land and Real Estate Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesSustainable Development Public Policy Real Estate & Property Management View 58 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to get admission to this Master's you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree from a spatially-oriented discipline, such as spatial planning, human geography or environment studies.
- Proficiency in English
- Because of the academic nature of this programme, we require all our students to have basic training in research processes, e.g. research design and data analysis.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.