A growing number of governments and international organisations acknowledge the necessity of increasing their efforts in disaster risk management and climate change adaptation in order to successfully adjust to changing environments and develop safe and sustainable societies.
Students graduating from the Master’s programme in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation from Lund University will be attractive for a career with actors contributing to a more resilient and sustainable society, ranging from local and national authorities to international actors as well as private consultancies. The programme provides qualifications for both professional activities in society and for research studies at PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations for Risk Assessment and Management
- Societal Resilience
- Introduction to Disaster Response Management
- Capacity Development
- Climate Smart Risk Reduction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have successfully completed their upper secondary education (post-16) that gives access to universities in the student’s home country.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- There may be some other country specific requirements.
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme tuition fee is SEK 290 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.