The laboratories at the Swedish School of Textiles are well-equipped and staffed by highly skilled people with extensive experience in textile production. Here, the students work as independently as possible, and during the first semester of the programme optional introductory courses are given on how to handle the equipment.
Students apply to this Fashion and Textile Design (Specialisation in Fashion Design) from University of Boras by submitting an individual project, and then they work on developing that same project during the entire programme. The education places great emphasis on artistic work, and teachers as well as supervisors and technicians encourage experimental, investigating work that pushes the boundaries of the textile field.
The first half of the last year is devoted to a degree project, and after that there are three choices for the rest of the school year: further develop the degree project, take a preparatory research course, or internship.
After graduation, many of the students move on to being employed at large or small-scale fashion companies in Sweden or abroad, while others set up their own freelance business or continue studying for a PhD.
The Master’s Programme in Textile and Fashion Design has two specialisations: Textile design and Fashion design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aesthetic Theory Design Methods
- Design Project Research Project
- Design Project Advanced Project
- Design project - Application project
- Artistic Development second cycle level
- Aesthetic Theory Design Seminars
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application is done with an uploaded portfolio with work samples, application project and CV.
- The assessment of eligibility and selection is done on artistic grounds and is based on work samples in the portfolio, application project and interview. At the first stage, the portfolio is assessed with regard to the applicant's capacity for artistic interpretation, experimental work, technical skills and ability to reflect. At the next stage, a number of applicants will be interviewed. Then, a final assessment of eligibility is done and the applicants are ranked for admission.
International25022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50044 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- 522 000 SEK full tuition fee.
- EU/EEA citizens and exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.