The Aerospace Engineering Master at Université de Lyon is in line with the strategic axis "Science and engineering for a sustainable society" defined by the Université de Lyon, as well as with two social challenges identified by the École Centrale de Lyon, "Aeronautics and space" and "Increasing the competitiveness of the industrial economy through innovation and entrepreneurship".
Students enrolled in the Aerospace Engineering program at Université de Lyon will acquire very high level training in both the propulsion and the material/structure focus of aerospace engineering. The later will give them a very good background for the management of complex aerospace engineering projects as well as an important insight into manufacturing and production oriented items. Graduate students will have the opportunity to use high level practical skills connected to the aerospace engineering. Choosing the master of Aerospace Engineering at Ecole centrale de Lyon means then:
- Having access to top national laboratories and research structures at Ecole centrale de Lyon. Among them are the Fluid Mechanics and Acoustics Laboratory (LMFA), the Tribology and System Dynamics (LTDS). Both are well known French institutions with a very high industrial impact and link.
- A small group teaching environment which is the signature of Ecole centrale de Lyon with very high interaction potentials.
- Lectures will be given by senior experts and famous scientists’ worldwide recognized for their expertise in fluid mechanics, acoustics, solids mechanics, structural materials, control, among others.
- A large part of the curriculum will be of practical character through a learning by doing way of thinking. Access to up to date and large facilities will be guaranteed.
- 20% of classes will be delivered by experts from the industry. The Ecole centrale de Lyon strong and long-standing links to important companies and research centers in the aerospace sector will be considered.
- Exchange mobility opportunities and dual degree program with international institutions (Germany, Canada,…) will be considered.
Master of Science (for industrial or academic career) accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Solid mechanics
- Fluid mechanics
- Experimental techniques in materials and mechanics
- Numerical methods and signal processing
- Management of innovation processes
- Lean Manufacturing and Lean Engineering
- Advanced research project
- Foreign language (including french)
- Optimal design and computational fluid mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- December 15th, 2020 to February 15th, 2021.
- mid-March to mid-May 2021.
Applying to the 1st session will make the visa process easier.
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline or in Applied Physics is required to be eligible for the Master of Aerospace Engineering. The minimum number of associated credits is 180, which normally corresponds to having completed a three-year Bachelor program.
- Furthermore, a reasonable command of the English language (spoken and in written form) is necessary [At least a certified B2 Level, CEFRL].
- Note that it is possible to apply directly for the second year of the program if you have already completed – or if you are in the process of completing – an aerospace-related Master year at another university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3768 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Our Master program is very demanding in terms of resources, both material and intellectual, due to the intensive practical training in state-of-the-art aerospace facilities that all our students receive.
We advise candidates to inform themselves about scholarship programs that exist in their country of origin. Please consult the European Funding Guide and the relevant sections of the CampusFrance and the LyonCampus websites for more information on financing your studies.
Note also that there are a number of scholarships for conducting your master thesis project abroad.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.