User interaction techniques with human perception and quality of users’ experience assessment methods are also included in the programme. Specific modules dedicated to gaming technologies, 3D media processing and users’ perception evaluation, creative media context and practices are taught by the leading experts in the area. You will also benefit from experience in 3D creative media and studio environments first-hand, all of which will provide a unique opportunity to engage with advanced research motivated problems in the exciting topics related to digital creative media.
- Develop students’ knowledge and expertise in multimedia signal capturing, rendering, coding, processing, and adaptation through practical application analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time.
- Develop students’ critical thinking to assess the development, evaluation and implementation of high-end home and low-end mobile media applications in response to addressing real world problems/opportunities.
- Develop students’ critical thinking to assess media applications through user interaction techniques, human perception and quality of experience assessment methods.
- Use action-based learning to provide individuals and teams with employment skills essential to the digital/tech industry.
Programme Structure:To complete the MSc Digital Creative Media from Loughborough University London students must complete 8 x 15 credit modules. Students must also choose and complete 4 of the 6 optional modules. Students will pick a second subject from the list of nominated second subject modules offered by the other Institutes in the first semester. All students must complete a Dissertation worth 60 credits.
Career Prospects:Graduating from this programme will provide students with job opportunities in media technologies and creative industries (e.g., studios, film and music makers), broadcasters as well as communication industries and service providers. Graduates will also have the knowledge required to enter a wide research field related to creative media including their design and applications.Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Collaborative Project
- Media and Creative Industries: Context and Practices,
- Second Subject Module
- Media Design and Production.
- Media Processing and Coding
- Advanced 3D User Environments
- Internet of Things and Applications
- Introduction to Programming and MatLab
- Media Cloud Applications and Services
- Creative Industries in a Global Perspective
- Gaming Technologies and Systems
Second Subject Modules
- Design Thinking
- Media and Creative Industries: Critical Perspectives
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Business Model Development
- Introduction to Diplomacy
- Sports Media and Marketing
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Computer Sciences View 413 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:2 or above), or an equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University in electronics, computing, physics, mathematics or a related discipline.
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.