Sustainability degree offered by University of Southampton offers a solid foundation for developing careers in the public, private and third sectors, as well as national and international agencies such as the United Nations and the Department for International Development.
Teaching is delivered by research-active academics from multidisciplinary backgrounds and equips students with applied and critical thinking skills and specialised problem-solving skills in tackling sustainable development issues.
- The opportunity to work with external organisations working on sustainability issues
- Participation in field-based research methods courses
- Immersive interdisciplinary environment with focus on the application of theory and knowledge
- Flexibility of module choice with guidance on suggested pathways
- Applied modules giving opportunities to develop and practice skills
- Tailored study plan accessing wide range of modules across the University
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Data Collection and Research Methods for Sustainability
- Research Project
- Environmental Management Systems
- Understanding Population Change
- Water Pollution
- Consultancy Skills
- Evaluation and Monitoring
- Core Skills in GIS
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 103 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- The usual entry requirement for the MSc programme is an honours degree (usually 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification. Students with lower or not usual entry qualifications may be admitted on the basis of relevant work experience or professional qualifications with the requisite approval.
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20650 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time UK: £4,625 International: £10,325
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.