The Master’s programme in Finance at National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) focuses on creating and developing competencies in financial management for financial institutions and non-financial companies.
The main emphasis is on contemporary theory and modern practices in corporate finance. At the same time, the programme provides fundamental knowledge in the broad area of finance that ensures our graduates are prepared for a diversity of career pathways, including in, the real sector of the economy, banks, investment funds, consulting companies, insurance companies and elsewhere.
The focus on research-based teaching, delivered through a combination of student research projects, internship opportunities, dissertation work and taught courses also equips students for entry into an academic career via a PhD programme.
Training professional and responsible decision-makers and leaders in the broad area of finance, suited to taking competitive leadership positions in uncertain and changing global markets.
Education of knowledgeable professionals able to apply academic theories and analytic tools to solve practical financial problems.
On completion of the programme, students will acquire the necessary competencies in financial management with the focus on risk management for non-financial corporations, and an ability to perform research in different fields of finance, including corporate finance, risk management, and financial markets.
- Real sector of economy - Gazprom, Rosneft, Vimpelcom, MTS, Megafon, GE, Maersk, DHL, Nissan Manufacturing, Japan Tobacco International, etc.
- Banks, investment and insurance companies - Central Bank of Russia, Sberbank, VTB, Bank Saint Petersburg, Citi, Raiffaisen, Metlife, SoGAZ etc.
- Audit and consulting - EY, KPMG, pwc, BDO Unicon, etc.
- IT and other services - Rosengineering, Veemware, Corynthia Hotels, Zentit FC, etc.
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Research Seminar
- Research Seminar "Research Methods in Finance"
- Strategic Financial Management
- Theory of Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 19 other Masters in Economics in Russia
- Bachelor’s (Specialist’s or Master’s) diploma and official transcripts of previous educational studies. (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript)
- CV, which confirms your professional experience
- Letter of motivation (~500 words)
International4925 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4925 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 350,000 RUB
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.