The Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) program from University of Bordeaux also takes place at: Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain), the University of Porto (Portugal) and the University of Bordeaux (France).
These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognized with the label of UNESCO Human Heritage, and have a long tradition in wine, producing specialty wines such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet.
Academic cooperation: Joint Erasmus Mundus Master between:
- Rovira i Virgili University (URV), Tarragona, Spain
- University Porto (UP), Portugal
- University of Bordeaux (UBx), France
After this Master program?
The WINTOUR program trains professionals in the field of oenology and tourism, who may apply for positions in the following areas:
- Private sector: creation of start-ups and business initiatives with a focus on wine as a tourist attraction and tourism as a means for promoting wine and wine regions; development of international marketing strategies, wine tourism activities of companies within the wine industry; specialized consultancy in the design and development of new strategies for increasing the competitiveness of the wine sector.
- Public administration: positions in public organizations responsible for the planning, management and promotion of wine tourism products at a local, national and International level.
- Research and teaching: participation and leadership of multidisciplinary research teams in the fields of oenology and Tourism, in public or private research organizations.
- Adaptation of Oenology – Optional
- Adaptation to Geography & Economy – Optional
- Leisure & wine tourism
- Marketing of Tourism & Wine
- Sparkling Wine production - Wine-making
- Spanish wine regions
- Spanish wine heritage & culture
- Adaptation to practical wine-making
- ICT & wine tourism - Oenotourism 2.0
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st period (application for Erasmus + scholarships) from 16th of November to 8th of February
- 2nd period (ONLY self-funded students): from 15th of March to 29th of April
DisciplinesAgriculture Tourism & Leisure View 13 other Masters in Agriculture in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a Bachelor or Master degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Tourism, Economics, Management, Marketing, Languages, Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Agriculture), or closely related subjects.
- Personal motivation, prior work experience in the field, as well as linguistic skills in languages other than English (especially Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the organizing institutions) are important elements in the selection process.
- CV and academic track record (50%)
- Cover letter and professional project: a personal interview may be organized (30%)
- Professional experience in the field and previous international mobility (10%)
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Fees for program countries students: 4,500€/year
- Fees for partner countries students: 9,000€/year
Living costs for Bordeaux
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.