The Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) program from University of Bordeaux also takes place at: Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain), the University of Porto (Portugal) and the University of Bordeaux (France).
These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognized with the label of UNESCO Human Heritage, and have a long tradition in wine, producing specialty wines such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet.
Strengths of this Master program?
Students will develop the following skills:
- Managing complex information on different topics in a natural way, in a foreign language.
- Defining diagnostics/assessments via the efficient management and use of information.
- Solving problems fwithin multidisciplinary contexts in a creative and innovative way.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams within different contexts.
- Communicating complex ideas clearly to all target publics.
- Applying ethical principles and social responsibilities as a citizen and as a professional.
- Developing the necessary autonomy to work on research projects within scientific/technological partnerships.
After this Master program?
The WINTOUR program trains professionals in the field of oenology and tourism, who may apply for positions in the following areas:
- Private sector: creation of start-ups and business initiatives with a focus on wine as a tourist attraction and tourism as a means for promoting wine and wine regions; development of international marketing strategies, wine tourism activities of companies within the wine industry; specialized consultancy in the design and development of new strategies for increasing the competitiveness of the wine sector.
- Public administration: positions in public organizations responsible for the planning, management and promotion of wine tourism products at a local, national and International level.
- Research and teaching: participation and leadership of multidisciplinary research teams in the fields of oenology and Tourism, in public or private research organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adaptation of Oenology – Optional
- Adaptation to Geography & Economy – Optional
- Leisure & wine tourism
- Marketing of Tourism & Wine– Wine tourism
- Sparkling Wine production - Wine-making
- Spanish wine regions
- Spanish wine heritage & culture
- Adaptation to practical wine-making
- ICT & wine tourism - Oenotourism 2.0
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a Bachelor or Master degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Tourism, Economics, Management, Marketing, Languages, Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Agriculture), or closely related subjects.
- Personal motivation, prior work experience in the field, as well as linguistic skills in languages other than English (especially Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the organizing institutions) are important elements in the selection process.
- CV and academic track record (50%)
- Cover letter and professional project: a personal interview may be organized (30%)
- Professional experience in the field and previous international mobility (10%)
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.