The Creative Sustainability - Economics and Business Administration programme from Aalto University prepares you to respond to these challenges through its international and multidisciplinary learning platform that combines business, design and the built environment. Upon graduation from the Creative Sustainability programme, graduates have:
- Ability to reach Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Graduates can solve global environmental and societal problems by adopting a business mindset.
- System-based view of the world. Graduates widen their perspectives to create new holistic understandings of complex situations both in global and local contexts.
- State-of-the-art knowledge. Graduates have expertise about the interlinked environmental, economic and socio-cultural aspects of sustainability.
- Multidisciplinary competence. Graduates are able to work in multidisciplinary teams and understand the role of different stakeholders when developing sustainability in business.
- Creative problem-solving skills. Graduates have the ability to utilise design-thinking and participatory design methods to define problems, generate ideas and arrive at sustainable solutions.
- Business management skills. Graduates are equipped to create sustainable business models and to work proactively in organisations to develop responsible business practices.
As the linkages between business and sustainability are highly important in contemporary organisations, there are several possible career options for someone with relevant expertise. Creative Sustainability graduates can work as sustainability specialists, consultants or entrepreneurs in multinational companies, local organisations, NGOs, the public sector, smaller initiatives and startups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Approaches to Sustainable Consumption
- Sustainability Politics
- State of the World and Development
- Accounting for Sustainability
- Sustainability in Business
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Sustainable Development View 35 other Masters in Business Administration in Finland
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.