Why study PG Cert Intellectual Property at BU?
- Obtain full exemptions from the foundation level examinations for qualification as a patent attorney or trade mark attorney in the UK (IPReg/CIPA/CITMA)
- Have the option to follow the patent attorney or trade mark attorney path (please indicate on your application)
- You can complete this course whilst in full-time employment; more than 80% of our students are sponsored by their employers
- If you do not have prior legal knowledge you will be supported by a range of online activities relating to foundational principles of law (such as the English legal system, contract law and tort).
Example job roles and employers
Graduates from the Intellectual Property course at Bournemouth University are working in various roles, such as:
- Commercial Manager
- Intellectual Property Consultant
- Patent Executive
- Patent Attorney.
They have gone on to work for a wide range of organisations, including the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, the UK Intellectual Property Office, the Institute of Trademarks Attorneys, Leanman Brown, Marks & Clerk, Schlich & Co.
Intellectual Property Regulation Board
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Patents & Designs
- Copyright & Trademarks
- International Intellectual Property Practice (Patent Attorney Route)
- International Intellectual Property Practice (TradeMark Attorney Route)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Legal Studies View 13 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or appropriate training and/or experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5115 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5115 GBP for the full programme during 5 months.
National5115 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5115 GBP for the full programme during 5 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.