The Master's Programme in Public Health Sciences at the Karolinska Institutet has a multidisciplinary approach and provides a global perspective. The programme offers two specialisations; Public Health Epidemiology and Health Promotion and Prevention.
The programme offers you the possibility to develop a scientific approach and a good theoretical understanding of Public Health Sciences as well as for the chosen specialization in Public Health Epidemiology or Health Promotion and Prevention.
- Graduates are well prepared for several positions in the private and public sectors, particularly with authorities responsible for environmental and health issues, both in Sweden and abroad.
- The programme provides a solid foundation for graduates wishing to continue with studies at doctoral level (PhD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Both tracks provide advanced studies in epidemiology, biostatistics as well as methods outcome evaluation of interventions. Common courses also include concepts and theories in Public Health Sciences, qualitative approaches and project management.
- The track in Public Health Epidemiology has a further focus on applied epidemiology in order to develop the skills to describe, analyse and reflect upon a variety of public health issues and to critically review epidemiological studies.
- For the track in Health Promotion and Prevention the emphasis lies on applying methods for health promotion and preventive actions in order to develop skills in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating health interventions at both individual and structural levels.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 21 other Masters in Health Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with foreign academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements for master's applicants at universityadmissions.se
- Applicants with Swedish academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements at antagning.se
- All documents must have reached University Admissions by the deadline for supporting documents 3rd of February 2020
International17286 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34573 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
360 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.