The Governance of Digitalization programme of Åbo Akademi University covers how digitalization affects organisational activities, enables new ways to create knowledge, creates value to the customer or other stakeholders, and enables new ways to organize industry level co-operation between organizations. Effective and efficient management of digital transformation is critical for the success of enterprises and organisations in the contemporary society.
This two-year programme prepares its graduates for challenging careers in the field of digital transformation. It focuses on data analytics, digital services design, business models, IT governance, digital information and knowledge management as well as people’s interaction with digital technology.
Our focus is on the digital environment regarding:
- how the strategy of organizations is expressed to fulfil its aims and goals
- how digitalization is implemented in different types of organizations and in different hierarchical or functional levels of the organization and how it affects the organizational environment
- the services of the organization and the users’ perspective
We look into how emerging as well as enabling information and communication technologies are designed, implemented, used and what kind of effect they have on organizing work and ways of doing business. We also focus on their support functions from technical, social, psychological and economic points of view.
After graduation opportunities
This two-year programme prepares its graduates for challenging careers in the field of digital transformation and focuses data analytics, digital services design, business models, digital information and knowledge management and IT governance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Development of Digital Services
- Information in the Digital Age
- Information Retrieval
- Information Behaviour
- Information and Knowledge Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Data Science & Big Data View 10 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Finland
- A completed university level Bachelor’s degree with or in addition to the degree 20 ECTS in business and economics or information studies or other relevant studies
- In the statement of purpose (motivation letter), the applicant should pay attention to his/her reasons for applying to this programme
- Eligible applicants are assessed based on their academic merits (transcript of records and the evaluation of the bachelor’s thesis/other academic paper) and the motivation letter. The academic merits weight more in the assessment than the motivation letter
- Applicants to the Master’s degree programmes taught in English must always prove their knowledge of the English language and fulfill the general academic requirements
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.